Reality TV Concepts

Looking to kill some time? Then check out these crazy reality TV ideas! Every day I will add a new, probably over the top, concept for a reality TV show; I figure there is no way I can do much worse than what is already on TV. Remember, this all just for fun (unless of course one of my ideas is picked up by a television network, in which case I expect some compensation), so do not be offended by anything. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Magellan

Here is one for the History Channel.

Magellan is a show with a simple concept: a crew will set out on a voyage replicating that of the great Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan. They will follow his path and use technology similar to what was available to him. The show will basically feature how the crew is doing and how they are handling the situation. It may not be an overly exciting concept for a regular network, but it would be great for the history buffs who watch the History Channel.

Sorry for such a short concept today, but I wanted to touch on something else. Take a look at Tuesday's post Inner-City Amish (Tuesday, July 27, 2004). In it I mention doing a spin-off of the show called Little House in the Hood, which would feature five Amish teenagers who move into the inner-city for a month. Well guess what premiered last night (Wednesday, July 28, 2004)? A show called Amish in the City was premiered. I did not get a chance to catch the show, but apparently it follows five young Amish adults that move into the city as some sort of right of passage. I swear to God I had no idea that this show was being made. What is worse is that since it premiered a day after I posted it, the show was already filmed and edited well before I came up with the idea, so I cannot claim it as being my own original that they stole. But, on the bright-side, it does mean that I am coming up with ideas that are fit for television. Maybe one will get picked up yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home